Kearns Pork Sausage and Gammon Coddle
Preparation time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 1hr 30 mins | Serves 4-6
454g Kearns Pork Sausages
1 x 225g Gammon Steak cut into thick strips
1kg Maris Piper Potatoes, peeled and sliced into slices
1 Red Onion, peeled and thickly sliced
1 Leek, washed and trimmed
4 Carrots, peeled and sliced
4 Parsnips, peeled and sliced
Freshly Milled Salt and Black Pepper
1500mls Chicken Stock
150g Cheddar Cheese, grated
2 tablespoons chopped Parsley
- Preheat an oven to 170oC / (150oC Fan) / Gas mark 3
- Heat oil in a casserole dish and lightly brown the Kearns sausages and gammon for a few minutes.
- Remove half the sausages and gammon to a plate.
- Layer half the onion, leek, carrots, parsnips and potatoes on top. Season well. Repeat using the remaining ingredients, finishing the coddle with a potato layer.
- Pour over chicken stock, Season well and cover with a tight fitting lid. Place into a warm oven and cook for about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid for the last 15 minutes and sprinkle with grated cheese, return to the oven and cook until golden brown and bubbling.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.